Advantages of stealth appliances
- Integration suits a minimalist kitchen design as it keeps the one complete look flowing throughout the kitchen.
- A streamlined look is achievable if you use integrated appliances, you can keep cupboards and drawers even and in the same design and colours.
- If you have a smaller kitchen space then integrating your appliances can provide a spacious feel for your home.
- Integrated appliances look great in an open plan kitchen that can be viewed from other areas of your home.
- Integrated appliances feature the same front panels as the rest of your kitchen so compared to stainless steel or some other appliance finishes they will be easier to keep clean.
- Integration can provide a very modern look for a very basic appliance, your kitchen will look luxurious and no one will ever know that you didn't splurge on your appliances.
Disadvantages of hiding them away
- Cost is a significant disadvantage to appliance integration, you are increasing the expense of the appliance by adding a new front panel but you are not increasing the functionality or value of the appliance.
- If an appliance in your integrated kitchen needs replacing your new appliance may not fit the existing panel. You would need to have a new panel made at additional cost, assuming you can still acquire the material design and colour that you have in your kitchen. With trends changing so frequently there is always a risk your kitchen cabinet material is no longer available.
Kitchen pantry ideas.
Kitchen storage solutions.