What is best for you
open shelves offer...
- Adds the appeal of a bright open and larger space to an otherwise small and dark kitchen.
- Allows you to see everything and therefore find everything without any hassle. Great for when others help out with the dishes, they know where everything goes because its right there on display.
- You can display your feature pieces, artistic flare and special relics. Instead of hiding them away in a closed off cupboard you can show off your fine china or fancy dinnerware.
- Is a fraction of the cost of cupboards as they consist of brackets and shelving. You can choose plain shelving or you can opt for a fancier version to suit your new kitchen design.
convenience of a closed cupboard...
- If you are not the tidiest of people you may choose to hide your clutter away behind closed doors. Open shelves require a discipline that some of us choose not to foster.
- Closed cupboards will protect your kitchenware from dust and that awful grime that seems to make its way around the kitchen. This may not be a deal breaker if you place items with high frequency of use on your shelves as dust wont get a chance to settle, but the shelves themselves will still need a clean.
- If you are going for the minimalist look in your kitchen design then you will want to select closed cupboards as these will provide a streamlined and clear surface appeal that a shelve just cant master.