How to incorporate marble in your kitchen desigN
- You can feature a full marble island with matching marble bench tops on the surrounding parts of the kitchen.
- Pair marble with wood to create a classic yet warm marble kitchen.
- If you want a dramatic affect then contrast a black kitchen with marble bench tops.
- Marble can be used in all monochromatic white kitchens to bring a sense of elegance to your traditional kitchen. In this design it would usually feature as a marble bench top or marble splash back.
- Combining your marble bench tops with a grey kitchen will really make the veins in the marble stand out. They will be the wow factor in your new marble kitchen.
- Marble is great for minimalism. If you want a kitchen that is simple, elegant and minimalist, then combine white marble with a white kitchen or black marble with a black kitchen.
- Marble is striking when used in all black kitchens. It must be combined in a kitchen space that has a lot of natural light to avoid your marble kitchen being seen as dark and closed in.
- You can create a central focal point in your kitchen by adding an extra thick slab of marble to your island bench top.
- You can also include a highly polished slab of marble as a feature on an island. This looks spectacular in black.
- If you have the right space for your marble kitchen then a matching marble wall could be a design option to include. Consider matching it to your island bench top.
- If you really want a marble kitchen you can even incorporate marble floors that match the marble bench tops.
- Marble island kick with a matching splash back is a clever way to avoid using marble as a bench top but still feature it enough to be considered a marble kitchen.
tHE Positive features of marblE
Marble is a natural material and therefore it has some unique qualities to bring to the table:
Reasons you might avoid marble in the kitcheN
Marble is not considered as durable as other stones. This is because it is a porous material. With this mind, it is easy to see how it might stain and scratch with daily use. Marble is also know to react with acidic foods and because of this it requires regular sealing to protect it from staining. If you incorporate a marble slab into your kitchen design you should also be aware that these are nearly impossible to repair and in most cases would have to be replaced if you cracked or chipped your marble bench top.