- Melamine - slightly rough finish.
- Vinyl - a wrap that is thermoformed to MDF to make the finish timber-like.
- Acrylic sheet - has a high gloss finish.
- Laminate - come in many colours and patterns.
- Two pack or 2-pac paint - doors are painted and form a glossy finish.
- Timber - a solid wood showing natural finish including knots.
- Timber veneer - thin layer of wood over cheaper material for a wood finish.
- Glass - usually used to display the contents of the cupboard. Can be frosted to add sophistication.
- Mesh - made from steel or similar metal which allows a see through finish and stylish urban look.
- Aluminium - comes in four different finishes.
- Is effective at hiding finger prints and soiling.
- Is hard wearing and resistant to scratches and marks.
- Is easy to clean and keep clean.
- Reflects the right amount of light in your space.
- Is protected against water damage and swelling.
- Is hygienic and impenetrable to bacteria.
- Can be resistant to heat.
the price tag
If cost is not an issue then you can explore other options listed above such as solid wood, glass and aluminium.
2-pac or other high gloss finishes are usually reserved for kitchen designs with an extensive budget and as they mark and show soiling they are not usually considered practical for family kitchens.